Sunday, January 6, 2013

Raspberry Shortbread Cookies


Cookies are a big thing around my house during Christmas time. I love baking them and having them around. So much so, I eat one or two before breakfast with my coffee. Hence the few pounds I gained which I am working on getting rid off for a week now. 

Raspberry Shortbread Cookies are my absolute favorite. I intentionally make 2 batches for myself... Yes, selfish I know. But they are THAT GOOD! I baked these a day before our Christmas Eve dinner. I just got a moment of my day to share them with y'all.


This recipe is from Very Best Baking.com and it is called Shortbread Hearts. These cookies are actually Valentine's cookies but as always, I make modifications and decided Christmas deserved a little taste of raspberry.

Raspberry Shortbread Cookies (adapted from Very Best Baking.com)
1 cup butter (softened)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam 

Beat butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I used Pampered Chef Cookie Presser. I love this little gadget. I got it a couple of years ago and since, I like to shape the shortbread dough into a flower. 


Place the dough into the tube. I chose the disk #1. If you don't have a cookie presser, shape dough into 1-inch balls and place (or press) 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. If you shaped dough into balls, press thumb into tops. Fill each depression (or middle of flower) with 1/4 teaspoon of jam. I prefer to use Smucker's sugar free raspberry preserves. 


Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. The recipe instructs 14-16 minutes, but I recommend 12-14. When I first baked the cookies, some of were slightly burned by 13 minutes. Choose your time wisely according to your oven settings. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. 


Beautiful!

I hope the first week of 2013 treated you well! 

Happy Baking!

Word of Encouragement:
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation - if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
1 Peter 2:2,3 (ESV)
StumbleUpon

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, I can see why you make two batches for yourself! I love the raspberry and shortbread combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so addicting. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    These look delicious. I love shortbread cookies, I'm going to have to try these. Thanks so much for stopping by Adorned From Above.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I have been looking at your recipes for a good while this morning. You have picture perfect bakes. I just don't see how you do it. They are beautiful and delicious looking too.

    ReplyDelete